Sunday, May 11, 2008

David Archuletta


So I thought I would be the oldest one there, but to my suprise there were quite a few "older" women there. Maybe I shouldn't mention that they were the mother's of the 17 year olds? What ever. I went with the intention of just getting a quick picture or 2 for my kids and a friend who's a fan and lives in another state because to tell you the truth, I like David....a lot......but I really have been rooting for the other David (Cook). Till Friday that is. I made friends with the 3 adorable 17 year old girls and their mom that were standing behind me and suddenly I got caught up in the excitement of it all. As we waited an hour, sometimes in the rain, the anticipation built and finally he was there. It was total hysteria, and he was just adorable. About 5 minutes in amid the screaming I watched him look next to him and mouth 'mom' (His mom was there, and yes I was that close) and he just lost it. He started crying. Not in an embarrassing way, he was smiling the whole time and did end up turning around to try to compose himself, but in a I'm finally home and this is what is waiting for me i can't believe this is my life sort of way. It was in that moment that I decided. I want him to win. There is just a completely different feeling between the 2 Davids and I now see how completely cocky David Cook seems. On some level he can be, because he IS good, and he IS ready to be a star. But no matter the outcome at this point he will be, as will David Archuletta.... so let this humble kid with just pure raw talent shine for those last five minutes in ten days and let's all watch proudly as the tears stream down his face......

1 comment:

Scott and Jen said...

very cool, wish I could have seen it. i've always been for this "david". I'll be pulling for him the next couple of weeks.