Sunday, August 31, 2008

New York

Troy took me home to Rochester with him last week and we had a blast! We went for a week....I can't remember when I had that nuch time off last, it was bizarre not taking care of everything and everyone for 7 straight days! My store did not even call me once which was seriously a sign that the end is near....
We spent the first few days with ALL of his family. And I mean ALL. Grandamas, Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Godparents their kids and grandkids....you get the picture. They ALL live right there in the same area. Everyone lives on huge pieces of beautiful property and some even live in their parents and grandparents original homes. We went to Lake Ontario, drove over the Erie Canal a million times, went to everyones houses, saw Troy's High School where he was a soccer "STAR", and rode a 100 year old carousel that his grandparents have ridden every year for who knows how many years. That was just for starters. Then was the wedding, which was the reason we went that weekend. One of Troy's friends got married, it was actually joe's sister....if you go back in the archives Joe (and kis wife Kristie are the ones we went to Vegas with in may). We spent the majority of the rest of our trip with Joe and Kristie, including a 2 day trip to the Canadian side of Niagra falls. It was incredible!! Definitely a trip to remember....
Here are some of the highlights.


The street his Grandparents live on


Niagra Falls from our room



The rest are from the "Maid of the Mist"




The Carousel


5 comments:

Rachel said...

That looks so beautiful Mandy, and fun to be with your sweetie. My grandfather grew up in Rochester and his brothers still live there so I have always wanted to go. We never made it that far north.

Jennie said...

I LOVE the pic on the carousel! SO cute!!

Jennie said...

PS- WHERE ARE YOU MOVING???

The Wiseman Life said...

Looks like you had a great time! I really like you and Troy together!

The Wiseman Life said...

My boots are Jennifer Swii. Good luck hunting! -M